Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Transhumanist Aesthetic

My friend, Lincoln Cannon, put out a challenge to create a Mormon Transhumanist aesthetic. One that matches the future we hope for and that we imagine can come as we apply technology to the benefit of humanity and as we become more than human. I don't know that my aesthetic matches anyone else's, because I'm not much of a transhumanist. I just like the community of people associated with the Mormon Transhumanist Association. I do have stories I tell myself about the kind of god I hope to become, and the kind of community of gods I hope to belong to. I only think about technology in these stories in the broadest sense--that is if you include as technology any application of knowledge to accomplish an end. I would like to share those stories, if I can figure out how to do it well. Any poems will start out as prose, and I think I'll write some thoughts here when my son lets me type unmolested.

2 comments:

  1. That last sentence is lovely. You've got the form and the content just right.

    ReplyDelete